Trash and Recycling
The Town of
Utility Service Forms
Trash and recyclables are picked up once a week on the same day. For Anthem residents, trash and recycling containers are emptied every Thursday. For all other
Residents can place the recyclables in the recycling container without sorting or organizing the materials. Please give the recyclables a quick rinse to remove food waste before placing in the container.
Items that can be placed in the recycling container include:
- Aluminum beverage cans, pie pans, serving trays, aluminum foil, and steel tin cans
- Plastic bottles, jugs and containers (Plastic 1 to 7)
- Newspaper, printing paper, junk mail, shredded paper, magazines, paper sacks and phone books
- Cardboard boxes, cereal, prepared food and detergent
- Glass food and beverage jars and bottles
Items that can not be placed in the recycling container include:
- Lids, caps, plastic bags or styrofoam
- Gift paper, tissue paper, paper napkins or paper towels
- Scrap metal
- Window glass or mirrors
Bulk Trash Services
Once a month, at no additional charge, residents can put out materials that don't otherwise fit in the containers provided. Bulk trash is picked-up on the same day every month. For Florence resients living in the Anthem area, bulk trash is picked-up on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. For all other
Residents must call ahead to schedule the pick up of their bulk trash at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled pick-up. The number to call to schedule pick up of bulk trash is (520) 868-7677. Residents are asked not to place their materials out for pick-up more than 48 hours in advance.
Materials placed out for bulk trash pick-up must be arranged neatly and may not exceed 20 cubic yards in total. All loose items must be bagged, boxed or bundled. Bulk trash must be placed in front of the property next to the street, but not blocking the sidewalk. Bulk trash placed in the alley or on a neighboring vacant lot will NOT be picked-up.
Acceptable items for bulk trash pick-up include:
- Tree limbs and branches less than four feet in length and 12 inches in diameter. Tree trimmings must be cut down to four foot lengths and bundled.
- Palm fronds cut down to four foot lengths and bundled.
- Metal materials 20 pounds or less.
- Pipe less than one inch in diameter and less than four feet in length.
- Cardboard boxes.
- Bagged or boxed leaves, weeds, grass, small hedge and vegetation clippings.
- Manufactured items, such as washers, dryers, hot water heaters and appliances and equipment not containing refrigerants.
- Twenty-five pounds or less of construction and demolition solid waste generated by a resident
- Hedge clippings, such as oleanders.
- Cardboard, wooden boxes, brush, furniture, weeds and cuttings from trees or shrubs. Materials, such as leaves and lawn clippings must be in a sack or receptacle for ease of loading.
Items not acceptable for bulk trash pick-up include:
- More than 25 pounds of construction and demolition solid waste generated by a resident or any amount generated by a contractor.
- Vehicles or equipment parts in excess of 20 pounds.
- Metal material in excess of 20 pounds.
- Pipe over one inch in diameter or over four feet in length.
- Cement, cement blocks, bricks, asphalt, stones and dirt.
- Lead acid batteries.
- Any other items that cannot be handled by two persons.
Alternate Disposal Options
Town of Florence residents (living in the municipal boundary of the Town of Florence) with an active Town of Florence trash account can dispose of their unwanted items at the Central Arizona Solid Waste Transfer Station FREE of charge. To receive this free service, bring your driver's license and a copy of the active utility bill you receive from the Town (water, sewer, or trash), or the trash bill you receive from your HOA, with you to the transfer station when you are disposing of your items.
This service is available to residents disposing of trash accumulated from their individual properties. This service is NOT available to commercial businesses.
Residents can dispose of up to 10 tons of material each month.
No hazardous waste is accepted.
Construction or demolition materials such as concrete, asphalt, rock, brick and other similar materials cannot exceed 25 pounds.
If your scheduled service occurs on the week of a holiday (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day), then your trash and recyclables are picked up on the following day. For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday, then Monday’s route is picked up on Tuesday and Thursday’s route is picked up on Friday.
Fees for Additional Services
In addition to the services that are available to residential customers at the flat monthly rate of $17 per month, residents can request additional services at additional cost. Residents can request additional trash or recycling containers at a cost of $5 per container per month.
If residents request a second pick up of bulk trash items (in addition to the once per month pick up that is free), the cost for that service is $82.50. Residents can also request that the Town drop off a truck at their home for a few days, load it up with trash, and then have the Town dispose of the items at a local landfill. The cost for this service is $95 per truck load.
Contact the Town with Questions
To schedule services or make any changes to your account, please call the Town at (520) 868-7677.