Parks and Recreation Master Plan
The Town of Florence is currently working to prepare a Parks and Recreation Master Plan. The Parks and Recreation Master Plan will provide a guide for the Community Services Department, which include Parks and Recreation, Library and Senior Serves, over the next ten years.
The Town of Florence has hired GreenPlay, LLC, a nationally-known parks and recreation management consulting firm to oversee the plan.
Purpose & Need
- The Town of Florence Parks, Trails and Open Space Master Plan was completed in July 2008. This plan will update and replace that plan, which will then be included in the Town’s General Plan update in 2020.
- The project will also review and recommend site-specific improvements at three existing parks: Heritage Park, Main Street Park and Little League Park/Central Bark Park.
How will the Parks and Recreation Master Plan help the Town of Florence?
The Parks and Recreation Master Plan will look at the existing parks, recreational facilities, programs, and services, and determine the current and future level of services for the community based on public input. The plan will prioritize the needs and desires for upgrading and improving parks, recreational facilities, amenities, programs, and services.
- There was a series of stakeholder and public meetings held January 29-31 to gather information.
- Following the initial information gathering, a survey was distributed to Florence residents in March and April to gather additional information based on the input received previously. Additionally, an open online link to the survey was made available to the general public.
- On June 26, there was a public meeting to present the survey findings.