On November 7th, 2017, Pinal County Voters approved a 20-year Regional Transportation Plan and a half-cent sales tax dedicated to funding the Plan. Andy Smith, Public Works Principal Planner, has been appointed by the Pinal Regional Transportation Authority as General Manager and will begin assisting the Pinal Regional Transportation Board with coordinating the implementation of the Plan.
Mr. Smith currently serves as the Transportation Planning Supervisor for the Pinal County Public Works Department. Mr. Smith has over 25 years in State and County government in the areas of traffic engineering, safety, partnering, and transportation planning disciplines. Mr. Smith holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management from University of Phoenix and a Master’s degree in Public Administration from Troy University.
Mr. Smith will begin working with the board members of the Pinal RTA as they begin establishing the following items, approved in the Regional Transportation Plan:
Establish by-laws for the following:
- Pinal Regional Transportation Authority
- Technical Advisory Committee
- Citizen Transportation Advisory Committee
- Establish the Citizen Transportation Advisory Committee
- Establishment of a TIP (Transportation Improvement Program), starting with the 0-5 year plan
- Coordinate discussions and meetings with governing authorities
- Working on Financial Planning
More information about the PRTA and the RTP will be available in early December. Be sure to keep an eye on the website, www.PinalRTA.org, and follow us on Facebook @PinalRTA2017.
All election details can be found on the Pinal County Elections website at http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/AZ/Pinal/71868/Web02/#/
For questions about PRTA please contact Andy Smith at 520.866.6407.