Central Arizona College Small Business Center provides an array of training classes and seminars to help you start and grow your business.
The Town of Florence has partnered with various business counselors to provide one-on-one guidance sessions with new and existing businesses. These sessions are custom-tailored to the needs of the business owner. To schedule a session, call Town Hall at (520) 868-7500.
The Arizona Commerce Authority Small Business Services is another resource for new and existing businesses. This state-wide resource offers a one-stop shop for businesses within the State of Arizona and includes a free, online “Step-by-Step Checklist to Start, Operate and Grow a Business in Arizona.” (The program includes business licensing information and statewide resources.)
The U.S. Small Business Administration offers programs and services to help start and grow your business.
- A Business License or Exemption Certificate is required for any business or person doing business within the Town of Florence. The applicant must complete the following:
Please include the addendum(s) that are relevant to your business:
- Addendum A – Transient Business License
- Addendum B – Licensed Employee List
- Addendum C – Itemized Hazardous Materials List
- Addendum D – Permission for Use of Property to Conduct Business
If you are a vendor and qualify for one of the exemptions listed below, please complete a Business License Exemption Application:
– The practice, transaction or carrying on of any business, game or amusement, calling,
profession or occupation which is solely engaged in deliveries
– An agency or department of the United States government for which the government
has failed to make provisions allowing states and municipalities to so tax
– Hospitals, whether or not operated for profit
– Physicians, surgeons or nurses not engaged in private practice
– Rental units of three or less, if in a Noncommercial Zoning District
– Sellers of agricultural produce grown within the town by the seller
– Religious, charitable or other nonprofit organizations, institutions or associations
– Any hobby or crafts sales in which the seller is the creator or a non-paid representative
of the creator and for which the gross sales of each hobbyist and craftsperson shall not
exceed $3,000 in any 12-month period of time
– Employees of any business, game, or amusement, calling profession or occupation either
possessing a business license or exempt from having to possess a business license
Florence was recently named the safest place in Arizona by Value Penguin, a company that provides information to consumers about the best value in credit cards, home and health insurance, and other topics. Staff at Value Penguin analyzed the most recent crime data available from the 2013 FBI Crime Report ...
The Town of Florence is auctioning the property located at 145 North Main Street. The Town is accepting sealed bids from now until March 26, 2015, at 11:00 am. The minimum acceptable bid price is $1,000. The award of the purchase will go to the highest bidder and will be ...
News Provided by Arizona Department of Transportation Next week the Arizona Department of Transportation, in a partnership with the Federal Highway Administration, is hosting a series of public meetings in Pinal County on the North-South Corridor Study. The North-South Corridor is a proposed 45-mile transportation corridor that would link US ...
The Town of Florence is auctioning the property located on a corner lot at 145 North Main Street, otherwise known as the Cuen Building. The building is an important part of the Florence Historic District. The building is 1,320 square feet. The dimensions of the building are 31’ x 42.5’. ...