Items that can be placed in the recycling container include:
- Aluminum beverage cans, pie pans, serving trays, aluminum foil, and steel tin cans
- Plastic bottles, jugs and containers (Plastic 1 to 7)
- Newspaper, printing paper, junk mail, shredded paper, magazines, paper sacks and phone books
- Cardboard boxes, cereal, prepared food and detergent
- Glass food and beverage jars and bottles
Items that can not be placed in the reclying container include:
- Lids, caps, plastic bags or styrofoam
- Gift paper, tissue paper, paper napkins or paper towels
- Scrap metal
- Window glass or mirrors
Town ordinance states that all premises and exterior property must be maintained free from weeds, brush, grass or other vegetable growth in excess of 6 inches. This does not include cultivated flowers, gardens, trees or shrubs. The deposit or accumulation of litter on a public or private property is also a violation of Town Code. Litter includes trash, abandoned automobiles, cans, or other unsightly or unsanitary matter of any kind.
The Building Safety Division of the Town of Florence will send out notices to property owners who are in violation of the property maintenance standards identified in the Town Code. Property owners have 30 days to clean up the property. If the situation is not rectified within the 30 days, then the property owner will be found in violation of the Town Code and can be fined up to $500. In addition to a fee of up to $500, the Town can remove the litter from the property at the expense of the property owner.
If you have any questions concerning the overgrowth of weeds and the accumulation of litter, contact the Building Safety Division of the Community Development Department at 868-7556.
* To pay in person, stop by Town Hall at 775 North Main Street.
* To pay by mail, send payment to P.O. Box 2670; Florence, AZ 85132.
* To pay over the phone, call 520-868-7624.
* If you would like to set up automatic withdrawal please contact 520-868-7624.
The Town of Florence Public Works Department and APS regularly scan the neighborhoods for streetlight outages. However, assistance from members of the community will decrease the number of burnt out streetlights and help to make our neighborhoods safer.
The Florence Police Department enforces the traffic regulations identified in the Town Code. If a member of the police department notices an illegally parked vehicle, then the officer will issue a warning or a citation for a civil traffic violation. The fine for a civil traffic violation may reach a maximum of $250 for each occurrence. Section 17-91 of the Town Code states parking violations that are subject to the issuance of a citation.
Parking in a crosswalk decreases the visibility of motorists traveling through an intersection and increases the likelihood of an accident occurring. Additionally, when motorists park on a sidewalk, it forces pedestrians to enter dangerous roadways, where an accident is more likely to occur.
Some of the other parking violations that can be ticketed, which hinder the flow of pedestrian traffic or increase the likelihood of an accident, include: parking in a handicapped spot, parking on the wrong side of the street, and parking in a no parking area, identified by red paint on the curb.
Once policies are set by the Mayor and Council, it is the job of the Town Manager, his staff, and the Town department directors to implement these policies. The Town Manager is selected by the Mayor and Council and is responsible for hiring all of the Town department directors.
Town Attorney, Town Clerk, and Town Magistrates are also appointed by Mayor and Council. The magistrate is the judicial body in the Town of Florence.
The meetings are open to the public. They are also televised on Channel 11 live.
2. Once the form is filled out you can email, fax, mail or take the form toTown Hall.
How to modify your Utility Service Address or Change Service:
1. Click Here to Download Change Utilities Form
2. Once the form is filled out you can email, fax, mail or take the form to Town Hall.
PO Box 2670
Florence, AZ 85132
Fax (520) 868-7501
Florence Town Hall
775 N. Main St.
Florence, AZ 85132
If you have any questions, please call 520-868-7680, or e-mail us at email@example.com