The Senior Center provides weekday activities for local seniors. Some of the daily activities are crafts, cards, dominoes, computer training, movie matinee, and the crochet/knit club. These activities change from day to day so please call for more information.
The Dorothy Nolan Senior Center offers various trips through out the year. Please open the Brochure for full details
Title III Services (congregate meals are provided in part by Pinal – Gila council for Senior Citizens, DES Aging & Adult Administration and the Older American Act and the Town of Florence. Meals prepared by a registered dietitian.
- Meals are offered for a donation if you or your spouse is 60 years of age.
- Meals are offered at a suggested donation of $4.00
- Meal Reservation needs to be made no later than Wednesday, by 3:00 pm. For the following week.
- You must be signed in by 11:00 to get your meal.
- Meal reservations are held until 11:00. If you are not here by then you will loose your meal reservation for the day.
- If we sell out of the regular meal we offer an alternative over Flow meal. Participants will be made aware of the meal and may choose to stay or not. Meal will be offered at the same donation price of $4.00
- Over flow meals will be offered until 11:00 am. After that time we will not offer the overflow meals. This allows us time to prepare the proper amounts.
- The participant must sign in for themselves, unless physically unable. A spouse or Co-Habitant may sign in, pay and receive a meal ticket for each other.
- Participants are encouraged to remain in the building after purchasing meal ticket.
- Meals will be guaranteed for Senior Center van riders coming in on the van.
- Participants may place their tickets at the meal tables to save their seats, please don’t move someone else’s ticket.
- Any food left over after the meals have been served will be disposed of.
- Visitors are allowed but must pay the $4.00 meal cost. They must be on the reservation list, or if we have meals left for the day after 11:00 we will be able to serve them a regular meal.
A chart of the nutritional information for the monthly meal is available at the front desk by the sign in book.
Transportation is provided for meals, programs, and activities or daily errands. The van is equipped with a wheelchair lift and transports seniors to and from the center from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Registration is required call the Senior Center for cost.
The following social services are assisted throughout the Senior Center:
1. Referrals: We maintain a reference book on any senior services we are aware of. The book includes information on Medical, Legal, Housing, Utility, Long Term Care, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, Transportation and many other senior topics. It is located on the front counter and available for use any time. Ask staff to assist you in locating your area of need.
2. C.A.H.R.A: Community Action Human Resource Agency, schedules appointments on the 1st Friday of each month. The agency assist low income seniors and persons with utility help, housing rehab & weatherization. Call 466-1112 to make an appointment.