The Town of Florence partnered with Right Away Disposal to provide sanitation and recycling services to the community. Right Away Disposal will manage the day-to-day operations of picking up trash and recyclables, The Town of Florence will remain the point of contact for its residents and will manage the billing responsibilities. If you do not receive paper billing or would like paper billing, please call (520) 868-7677 for assistance.
Just a bottle?
Trash and Recycling is part of Utilities.
Trash and recyclables are picked up once a week on the same day. For Florence residents living in Anthem, trash and recycling containers are emptied every Thursday. For all other Town of Florence residents, trash and recycling containers are emptied every Monday.
Items that can be placed in the recycling container include:
- Aluminum beverage cans, pie pans, serving trays, aluminum foil, and steel tin cans
- Plastic bottles, jugs and containers (Plastic 1 to 7)
- Newspaper, printing paper, junk mail, shredded paper, magazines, paper sacks and phone books
- Cardboard boxes, cereal boxes, prepared food boxes and detergent
- Glass (food and beverage) jars and bottles
Items that cannot be placed in the recycling container include:
- Lids, caps, plastic bags or styrofoam
- Gift paper, tissue paper, paper napkins or paper towels
- Scrap metal
- Window glass or mirrors
Once a month, at no additional charge, residents can put out materials that don’t otherwise fit in the containers provided.
Residents must call ahead to schedule the pick-up of their bulk trash at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled pick-up. The number to call to schedule pick-up of bulk trash is (520) 868-7677. Residents are asked not to place their materials out for pick-up more than 48 hours in advance.
Bulk trash must be placed in front of the property next to the street but not blocking the sidewalk. Bulk trash that is placed in the alley or on a neighboring vacant lot will NOT be picked up.
Bulk trash is picked up on the same day every month. For Florence residents living in Anthem, bulk trash is picked up on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. For all other Town of Florence residents, bulk trash is picked up on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
Acceptable items for bulk trash pick-up include:
- Tree limbs and branches less than four feet in length and 12 inches in diameter. Tree trimmings must be cut down to four-foot lengths and bundled
- Palm fronds
- Metal materials 20 pounds or less
- Pipe less than one inch in diameter and less than four feet in length
- Cardboard boxes
- Bagged or boxed leaves, weeds, grass, small hedge and vegetation clippings
- Manufactured items, such as washers, dryers, hot water heaters and appliances and equipment not containing refrigerants
- Twenty-five pounds or less of construction and demolition solid waste generated by a resident
- Hedge clippings, such as oleanders
- Cardboard, wooden boxes, brush, furniture, weeds and cuttings from trees or shrubs. Materials, such as leaves and lawn clippings must be in a sack or receptacle for ease of loading
- Materials placed out for bulk trash pick-up must be arranged neatly and may not exceed a total of 20 cubic yards. All loose items must be bagged, boxed or bundled
Items not acceptable for bulk trash pick up include:
- More than 25 pounds of construction and demolition solid waste generated by a resident or any amount generated by a contractor
- Vehicles or equipment parts in excess of 20 pounds
- Metal material in excess of 20 pounds
- Pipe over one inch in diameter or over four feet in length
- Cement, cement blocks, bricks, asphalt, stones and dirt
- Lead acid batteries
- Any other items that cannot be handled by two persons
If your scheduled service occurs on the week of a holiday (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day), then your trash and recyclables are picked up on the following day. For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday, then Monday’s route is picked up on Tuesday and Thursday’s route is picked up on Friday.
If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there is no change to services.
Town of Florence residents (living within the municipal boundary of the Town of Florence) with an active Town of Florence trash account can dispose of their unwanted items at the Central Arizona Solid Waste Transfer Station FREE of charge. To receive this free service, bring your driver’s license and a copy of the active utility bill (showing active garbage billing for current month) with you to the transfer station when you are disposing of your items.
This service is available to residents disposing of trash accumulated from their individual properties. This service is NOT available to commercial businesses.
Residents can dispose of up to 10 tons of material each month.
No hazardous waste is accepted.
Construction or demolition materials such as concrete, asphalt, rock, brick and other similar materials cannot exceed weights greater than 25 pounds.
If residents request a second pick-up of bulk trash items in addition to the once-per-month pick-up that is free, the cost for that service is $82.50. Residents can also request that the Town drop off a truck at their home for a few days to load it up with trash, and then have the Town dispose of the trash at a local landfill. The cost for this service is $95 per truck load.